Let’s Make Your Labor Day Grill-iant!
Labor Day celebrates the social and economic achievements of American workers. Indeed, during this tumultuous year, we absolutely deserve a celebration! Enjoy your long weekend and honor our collective industry by having fun entertaining at home. To that end, we’ve selected a Labor Day recipe or two from our Recipes page for you, with notes on how they fit together into a delicious meal. We even have suggestions towards a lobster roll recipe!
Here’s a sample meal, cooked on your Cinder Grill. We’ve listed the recipes in order of preparation. As a result serving dishes together will be simple.
- Chicken Wings are a party-ready favorite. They’re delicious finger food. One of their best features as a Labor Day recipe is that they can be prepared ahead of time. Then warm them up with a few minutes at 300F followed by a nice crisp sear. Try making a double recipe and searing in batches. Thereby you can ensure a steady supply of freshly seared chicken.
- Japanese Whiskey Baby Back Ribs are another barbecue classic. Rich in gelatin and flavor, and fun to gnaw off the bone, ribs are an essential for casual entertaining at home. Because these ribs are sauced but not seared, simply keeping them warm in a 200 oven will work well for cooking ahead.
- Lobster Tails in Butter Sauce Here’s the easiest and most luscious seafood component possible. These perfectly sweet and juicy lobster tails can be converted into finger food via any lobster roll recipe. Also, subbing in a vinaigrette for the butter sauce makes for lettuce wraps, rice paper rolls, and any number of other fresh cool preparations.
- Marinated Sun Gold Tomatoes These tomatoes reach new heights with their gentle warming on the Cinder Grill. They’ll absolutely pop with sweet-tart flavor in your mouth! This delicious Labor Day recipe can be served with crusty bread, or on toothpicks. Otherwise toss them into that salad with the lobster tails, or without if you’re making the lobster roll recipe. Most importantly, start with the best heirloom late-summer tomatoes you can find.
- Shishito Peppers with Ginger Glaze These peppers sizzle up swiftly. They have a fresh green flavor and a ‘poppable’ factor your guests will love. They’re also refreshing, a good foil to rich meats and buttery dishes. Entertaining at home is all about a good balance of tasty dishes. These delicious peppers will provide that balance.
- Ice Cream Cones Surprise and delight your guests with homemade ice cream cones. They’re fun to make and crisp yet tender. Therefore they melt in the mouth along with the ice cream. This recipe is flavored with dark brown sugar and orange zest. However, you can vary the flavors as you like. For example try lemon zest and ginger, or a couple tablespoons of cocoa powder, or even some brandy along with the vanilla. In short, the possibilities are endless. Just don’t forget to have fun!
Whether you cook our menu or choose other Labor Day recipes, enjoy your day as an American worker! Consider the important history which brought us benefits such as the weekend. Stand in solidarity with your fellow workers. Try creating your own lobster roll recipe. And enjoy easy entertaining at home on your Labor Day, with your Cinder Grill.