Here's some important things to know before you cook.
1. Please perform the thickness calibration
This is a quick procedure that is best done right away with nothing inside the unit. It lets the timing estimates be accurate. Here's how:
- Unbox Cinder, remove and discard all packing material
- Make sure nothing is inside Cinder (no packaging, food, etc.) and close the lid down all the way.
- Turn on Cinder and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the calibration fails repeatedly, please email us right away (email@example.com). Unfortunately there is not an easy way to recalibrate the unit at this time. ( an error might look like: "SOMETHING'S WRONG - let's try later")
2. Always place food inside Cinder before cooking
Please remember to place your food inside Cinder before starting to cook. Your cooking session starts by tapping on "Begin Cooking" after picking the food you wish to cook using the Food Guide.
3. Remember to remove food before searing
After reaching the correct internal temperature, the final step for most foods is to sear the outside. The goal is to sear just the very outside at extremely high temperature to develop flavor and crust. If the food remains on Cinder during that time it may overcook, so be sure to remove it once it has reached temperature, and until the searing pre-heat is completed.
4. Unboxing is easy by turning the box over
Weighing in at 31 Pounds, Cinder can seem a bit tough to get out of the box at first. We've designed Cinder's packaging to make it easy one key tool – gravity! See how in this short video (click to open):