Fish Tacos by Michelin Starred Chef John Critchley
Who doesn't love leftovers? Our recipe for wild striped bass & avocado tacos couldn't be simpler and leaves you enough for tomorrow night. And NOTHING compares to the vivid flavors of homemade chilli sour paste. One word: YUM!!
1 & 1/2 pounds wild striped bass fillets, cut into 'fingers' 1&1/2 inches wide.
For the Spice Rub
- 1 TBS Coriander, Ground
- 1 tsp Black pepper, ground
- 1 TBS Paprika, Sweet Smoked
- 1/2 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seed, ground
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp fine sea Salt
For the Avocado
- 2 each Avocado, mashed
- 2 TBS Sour Cream
- 1 each lime , squeezed
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1/4 cup cherry Tomatoes , quartered
- 1 TBS Red Onion, minced
For the spice rub:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Reserve on plate for the fish.
For the toppings
- Mash the avocado with lime juice and sour cream.
- Season with sea salt.
- Fold in cherry tomatoes and minced red onion.
- Keep for assembling the tacos.
For Cooking the Bass on the Cinder Grill1. Pre-heat Cinder grill to 350°F.
2. Lightly press the bass “fingers” onto the spices on one side to coat.
3. Once you’ve coated the fish, lay on the cinder grill and gently close the lid.
4. Set a timer for 4 minutes.
5. Lift the lid of the cinder and gently remove the pieces of fish to a clean plate for serving.
6. Wipe of the cinder grill with a damp paper towel.
7. Toast your tortillas with the Cinder grill for 45 seconds at 350° F.