Heirloom Tomato & Mayo Sandwich by Michelin Starred Chef John Critchley
This comforting sandwich is made even better with slices of chorizo, red onion and herbs on Artisan Bread. Play around with your favorite flavors to create your own.
- 2 each Tomatoes, Sliced, any variety
- 1 each Small red onion, sliced thin
- ¼ stick Chorizo, or other dried sausage, sliced thin
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise, Duke’s preferably but others will do
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 each Slices of Rustic French Bread
- Butter, softened, as needed
- Preheat the cinder grill to 350°F.
- Spread the mayonnaise on each slice of bread evenly.
- Build the sandwich with chorizo slices, tomato, onion and basil leaves.
- Season the fillings with salt and pepper and top with the other piece of bread.
- Butter both sides of the sandwich and place on the Cinder griddle plates.
- Close the lid and set a timer for 8 minutes.
- Remove sandwich from Cinder and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Slice and serve with chips and pickles.