Sometimes we feel the need for speed, and for a savory green side dish. This sauté of bacon and kale will shine beside almost any protein, and can be made in the time it takes your Cinder Grill to heat to sear. Try this with other greens, such as spinach, dandelion greens, or thinly shredded Napa cabbage.
Serves one, can be doubled
- 1 strip of bacon, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 bunch lacinato kale, removed from stems, torn into rough 2-inch pieces.
- Black Pepper to taste, and salt if necessary.
- Scatter bacon across Cinder plate and set Cinder to sear. The bacon will cook and crisp while the Cinder comes to a sear.
- When the Cinder reaches sear, scatter the kale across the bacon. Try to use the whole surface of the plate. Close and cook for the 45 second sear.
- Open the Cinder and proceed to Long Sear. Sauté the kale just until all leaves are wilted, then immediately remove to a plate. Turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle kale with pepper to taste and serve.