Whole30® - Breakfast Egg
Made with Pederson’s no-sugar-added Chorizo and baby new potatoes, this somewhat non-traditional variation on tortilla espanol is a great Whole30 breakfast or brunch item. It’s easy to make and goes with just about any side dish.
- 6 each Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1/4 pound Chorizo, no sugar added
- 4 each Baby new potatoes, cut in half and sliced thinly (1/8 inch )
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Olive oil as needed
- Turn your Cinder onto 325°F and allow it to heat up.
- Select four English muffin rings or stainless steel tart rings. Gently spray or brush olive oil into the rings and onto the grill plates to allow for easy release of the ingredients
- Break up the chorizo into little marble-sized pieces and sprinkle them equally into the rings and let them cook while you slice the potatoes. Distribute the potatoes equally and season with salt and pepper
- Allow these to cook with the lid closed for 5 minutes. After five minutes, distribute the eggs equally among the ring molds (don't worry about some of the eggs running underneath the ring molds, it should stop once they start cooking) and close the lid. Set a timer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tortillas from the Cinder and place on a cutting board. Carefully remove the rings (they will be hot) and serve the tortillas alongside a fresh salad.