Whole30® - Meatloaf
Using Pederson’s Natural Farms no-sugar-added sausage and uncured bacon brings an old family favorite to new life, with amazing flavor and without sugar or wheat.
Makes two loaves, Serves 6-8.
- 1 PKG Uncured Bacon
- 1 Pound No Sugar added Italian Sausage, uncooked
1 Pound Grass Fed Ground Beef
For the Mix:
- 2TBS Tomato Paste
- 1TBS Water
- 2TBS Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt, Kosher
- 2 each Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 each Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- In a large mixing bowl combine the mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the sausage and ground beef and mix thoroughly again.
- Take the bacon out of the package and cut in half down the middle .Half will be used for each loaf.
- On plastic wrap, lay half the bacon down gently, overlapping the slices until the wrap is the width of the Cinder grill.
- Lay another sheet of plastic wrap over the bacon and, using a rolling pin, gently press the bacon into a smooth thin sheet (as pictured). Then remove the top layer of plastic wrap.
- Do the same with the remaining bacon and two more sheets of plastic, to prepare the bacon wrapping for the second loaf.
- Split the mixture into two. Gently form a loaf down the middle of each bacon wrapper, leaving enough uncovered bacon around the sides to wrap the loaf up.
- Flatten the loaf so that it looks like a long brick, then fold the bacon over the top.
- Place the loaf, fold side down, on the Cinder grill and do the same with the other loaf.
- Close the lid and set the Cinder to 145°F.
- Once raised to temperature, remove the meatloaves and place on a sheet pan.
- Clean the Cinder plates with a damp towel and preheat to 350°F.
- Return the loaves to the Cinder, close the lid and allow to brown for 10 minutes.
- Let the meatloaves rest for 10 minutes prior to cutting and serving.
Note: Pork is safe to eat at 145°F, but by cooking to 195°F we are able to break down the tough connective tissues in the shoulder allowing for a more tender texture in a very flavorful cut.