Grilled and Sous Vide Bacon
Cinder is about to take your bacon game to a whole new level.
Enjoy super crispy bacon that snaps crunchy in your mouth or meaty British rasher almost ham-like bacon. Cinder Grill can sear and sous vide in one so however you like your bacon, there's an option for you.
With Cinder, clean up is almost negligible. Try out this smoke-free splatter free bacon and a ridiculously easy clean up after your meal.
- 8 slices unsmoked thick-cut bacon
FOR MAPLE BACON
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
FOR SHRIMP WRAPPED IN BACON
- 16 large shrimp
FOR DATES WRAPPED IN BACON
- 16 dates
- 50g goat's cheese i.e. Chèvre with herbs
Set the grill to sear mode, add bacon, and close the lid, cooking for 6-8 minutes until the bacon is crispy and browned (you may need to flip the bacon, depending on how thick it is cut).
- For Maple Bacon:
Once the bacon is browned, pour over the maple syrup, sprinkle with cardamom, and scatter the chopped sage. Turn off the device and leave the bacon for one minute to caramelize as it cools slightly.
- For Dates Wrapped Bacon:
- Pit the dates by opening lengthways using your fingers and removing the stone inside.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp of goat's cheese into the dates or enough to fill the dates without overstuffing.
- Cut the bacon into half its length. Wrap the bacon round the date making sure it folds over. Secure with a toothpick or turn the date over so the open side of the bacon is facing downwards.
- Set the grill to sear mode, add the bacon wrapped dates, and close the lid, cooking for 6-8 minutes until the bacon is crispy and browned (you may need to flip the bacon, depending on how thickly it is cut).
SOUS-VIDE METHOD (OVERNIGHT)
Set your Cinder to 145°F and place your bacon inside the grill. Leave overnight to serve for breakfast in the morning. The bacon will reach 145°F quickly and your Cinder will say 'Done' but leave the bacon overnight to ensure the fat renders.
Remove the bacon from Cinder and wipe down any grease or moisture into the grease channel.
Set the grill to sear mode, and wait until the Cinder reaches sear temperature.
Place the bacon and close the lid for 1 minute and press the dial to sear. You don't need to flip the bacon.