Buttermilk Pancakes with Orange Ricotta and Macerated Blackberries
Cinder’s sophisticated temperature control makes cooking fluffy golden pancakes a walk in the park.
Cook pancakes evenly using the Cinder Grill at 400°F. Use your own pancake batter recipe or give our buttermilk pancakes a try for brunch with friends or an indulgent breakfast.
FOR THE PANCAKES
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ sticks butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup whole milk
FOR THE TOPPINGS
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 12 oz blackberries
- ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Begin with the toppings. In one small bowl, mix together the ricotta, orange zest, and orange juice. In another, squeeze the lemon over the blackberries, add the sugar, then mash lightly with a fork to break apart some of the berries. Set both bowls aside.
- To make the pancake batter, whisk the dry ingredients together in one bowl and wet ingredients in another, holding back two tablespoons of the melted butter. Then mix together the wet and dry ingredients, stopping when the batter is combined but still a little lumpy.
- Heat your Cinder grill to 340°F. Once the device has come up to temperature, brush the bottom plate with butter and use a quarter cup to scoop four piles of batter onto the grill. Keeping the lid open, cook for three minutes, then flip the pancakes and cook for an additional two. To serve all the pancakes at once, you can quickly reheat them using Cinder grill.
- Once all the pancakes are ready, pile them high on individual plates and spoon over the ricotta and blackberries, making sure to make the most of the sweet berry juices that will have collected at the bottom of the bowl.