Herb & Garlic Chicken
Simple dry rubbed herb and garlic chicken remains super juicy using the Cinder grill and it’s App. Multiply this rub recipe for other chicken and pork dishes.
- 1 each whole chicken, backbone removed
For the Rub:
- 2 Tbsp. Sea Salt, Coarse
- 2 tsp. Garlic, Dried, minced
- 2 tsp Onion, toasted granules
- 1 tsp. Rosemary, cut and dried
- 1 tsp. Sage, dried, rubbed
- 1 tsp. Thyme, dried
- 2 tsp. Black pepper, table grind
- Olive Oil as needed
- Have your butcher remove the backbone of the chicken for you or you can follow the method for Spatchcocked poultry
- Lightly brush both sides of the chicken with olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the dried spices and salt
- Sprinkle the spice and salt mixture on both sides of the chicken making sure the seasoning is evenly distributed
- Placed the chicken, skin side up on the Cinder grill.
- Using the Cinder App, set the grill to 158°F
- Close the lid and begin cooking (Approximately 115 minutes)
- Once the temperature is achieved, lift the lid and gently remove the chicken and place it on a clean plate
- Wipe the Cinder grill clean with a damp towel and pre-heat to sear
- Gently brush olive oil on the skin side of the chicken and place, skin side down, on the Cinder grill and close the lid.
- Push the red sear button and allow to sear for 90 seconds or until the skin is golden brown and crispy
- Remove the chicken from the Cinder and place on a clean cutting board.
- Separate the leg and thigh and cut the breast into four pieces and arrange on serving platter.