Whole30® - Pederson’s Natural Farm Cuban Style Pork Chops
There’s nothing quite like the sour orange and oregano flavors of a good cuban pork marinade. To mimic the sour orange when it can’t be found in the store, use a combination of citrus juices as we do below.
1 pound Pork Chops, Thin Cut
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup lemon Juice
- 1 TBS Dried Oregano
- 4 each Garlic cloves, Crushed
- 1 TBS Salt
- 1 TBS black pepper, ground
- 1/2 Red Onion, Sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Combine Marinade ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Using a gallon size disposable bag, add pork chops and marinade and seal. Set the bag into a bowl to catch leaks, and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Remove the pork from the bag and drain the excess marinade.
- Place the chops on the Cinder Grill and close the lid. Using the Cinder App, set the temperature to 140°F.
- When the chops have come to temperature, remove them from the Cinder and wipe the plates with a damp kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Adjust setting to sear and allow to come to temperature.
- Gently rub olive oil on the pork chops and sear with lid closed for 45 seconds.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5-8 minutes before slicing.
Note: Pork is safe to eat at 145°F. By cooking to 140°F and then searing the final temperature should exceed 145°F while the meat remains both juicy and cooked through.