1 each 2.5 lb chicken, back bone removed
2 TBS Sea Salt, Finely Ground
1 TBS Black Pepper, Coarsely Ground
1 each Lemon, Sliced into ¼ inch rings
1 TBS Olive Oil, for searing
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly in cold water and pat dry
- On a clean cutting board, lay the chicken skin side down and press flat
- Season with salt and pepper and rub into the bones, legs and breasts to be sure it’s evenly coated
- Place lemon rings on top of the chicken and press firmly
- Place chicken breast down on the cinder grill, close the lid gently and use the Cinder app to set the grill to 160 degrees F.
- When the Cinder grill reaches temperature and the App alerts you, carefully remove the chicken from the grill and place, skin side up, on a clean plate
- Wipe your grill clean with a damp towel and set the Cinder to sear (450 degrees F.)
- Once the Grill has reached temperature, brush olive oil on the chicken skin and place skin side up on the cinder grill.
- Lower the top of the grill gently onto the chicken and push the button for sear.
- Once the 45 seconds is up you can hit the button to sear for another 45 seconds.
- Lift the lid carefully and remove the chicken to a serving tray.