Chicken Wings by Michelin Starred Chef John Critchley
Cooking wings on the cinder grill is a fantastic way to ensure plump, juicy chicken wings.
- 3 pounds Chicken Wings, tips clipped, not separated
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp sea salt, fine ground
- 1 tsp paprika, sweet smoked
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
For the Glaze:
- 1 Tbs Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs Red Chili Flakes
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup Rice wine vinegar
- Season the wings with the sea salt, cumin, paprika, and black pepper and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Place wings on a cinder grill and set to 167°F. Close the lid and allow to cook to temperature (using the App works well here.
- While the wings are cooking, create the sweet and sour glaze. In a small saucepan combine all the ingredients, bring to a boil, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Once the wings have reached temperature, remove from the Cinder and allow to rest.
- Remove and empty the Cinder drip pan.
- Gently clean the griddle plates and set your Cinder to sear.
- Once the Cinder has come to sear, place the chicken wings in it, close the lid, and sear for 1-2 minutes, until brown and crisp.
- Using tongs, remove the wings to a large bowl and toss with half the sweet and sour sauce to coat. Serve immediately with the rest of the sauce in a small bowl for dipping, and plenty of napkins!